Why are the highlights?
Vaginal discharge in women is quite common. But in some cases they are a sign of women's health, while in others they indicate the presence of gynecological diseases. How to distinguish natural discharge from pathology? In order to understand why vaginal discharge goes, you need to know the characteristic signs of discharge for various diseases.
In order to naturally clean the genital tract and protect them from infections with glands of the cervix, secretions are constantly produced. Their volume and consistency can vary throughout the menstrual cycle and reach a peak during the ovulation period. This is due to hormonal changes in the body.
Normal are liquid or mucous secretions of a transparent or whitish color, not having a noticeable odor, which do not cause itching and irritation of the genitals, are not accompanied by fever, pain or discomfort.
The volume of natural excretions is insignificant, but may increase in the following cases:
- during sexual arousal;
- within 1-3 hours after intercourse;
- on the background of stress;
- after taking certain medications;
- in connection with a sharp change in climatic conditions;
- during pregnancy, especially in the first and last weeks.
Why are the selection: types of pathologies
Any deviation of discharge in color, smell or consistency from the norm can be caused by any disease of the female genitalia.
The presence of blood in the discharge can be observed within 1-2 days before and after menstruation. To a greater extent, this phenomenon is characteristic of women with a contraceptive coil. If the discharge is not abundant and does not have a specific smell, they can be classified as normal.
Some women experience bloody discharge during ovulation. This phenomenon can also be associated with the use of a helix or hormonal contraceptive use.
The presence of blood in the vaginal discharge in the middle of the menstrual cycle can talk about these pathologies:
- violation of the menstrual cycle;
- the presence of endometriosis (proliferation of uterine tissues);
- erosion or cancer of the cervix of the uterus (discharge occurs after sexual intercourse);
- in pregnant women with threatened miscarriage or premature detachment of the placenta.
In the presence of bleeding, causing the slightest doubt, you should consult a doctor.
Whitish or yellowish discharge
Often women ask the question "White discharge: what's this?". White or yellow color of the secretions gives a large number of leukocytes and microbes accumulated in them. Therefore, such secretions, especially if there is an unpleasant smell, can be infectious diseases, including sexually transmitted diseases.
Special excitement should cause discharge of a cheesy or foamy consistency with a sour, rotten or fishy smell, which is formed as a result of vital activity of pathogens. Such secretions are characteristic of the following infectious diseases of the genital area:
- Vaginal candidiasis or thrush. Along with cheesy secretions with a sour odor, a woman experiences severe itching of the genitals, pain during urination. External genitals evenly or partially covered with white bloom.
- Bacterial vaginitis (decrease or complete absence of lactic acid bacteria against the background of the growth of pathogenic microorganisms).Symptoms: copious white discharge, sometimes with blood, itching inside the vagina, burning of the genitals during urination, pain in the lower abdomen.
- Gonorrhea. A sign of gonorrhea is increased white discharge on the background of frequent and painful urination, redness and swelling of the mucous membranes.
- Chlamydia. With this disease, the discharge is mucopurulent in nature and has a sharp unpleasant odor, there may be slight or sharp pain in the abdomen and lower back, keep subfebrile body temperature.
- Trichomoniasis. The excretions increase significantly in volume, have a watery or frothy consistency and the characteristic smell of fish. Color can vary from white to greenish yellow. There is a burning sensation and soreness in the vulva.
To establish the cause of discharge and to make an accurate diagnosis can only be a doctor on the basis of the examination and a number of studies.
How to unlock pattern
The most interesting and exciting films about zombies
What is a calculator?
How to cook onion soup
Horoscope for 2014: Fish
Melania Trump threw Donald because of the betrayal at the beginning of their romance
A unique way of reproduction of trees and shrubs: when the survival rate is close to 100