When to do breast ultrasound?
A very delicate part of the female body is the breast, the mammary glands. They need special care and care. At certain times it is necessary to undergo ultrasound examination (ultrasound) of the mammary glands. But what are these moments of life? When to do breast ultrasound is necessary, when it is desirable, and when it is correct.
Breast ultrasound: the essence of the study
- Ultrasound - a painless, safe and very informative method of research. Patients of almost any age can undergo it.
- A specially trained diagnostician uses a scanner and a sensor with which he very carefully examines the patient's chest.
- Uzi allows you to identify education that can not be probed. This method makes it possible to identify cysts (their sizes) and other manifestations of mastopathy, benign and malignant tumors (cancer).
- Uzi allows you to evaluate not only the state of the breast, but also the nearest lymph nodes. It is possible to prevent serious diseases, because with the help of an ultrasound even the tiniest nodules can be detected (up to 5 mm in diameter).
Breast ultrasound: when to do
Here are the options when doing breast ultrasound is shown:
- suspicion of cysts detected by palpation or by mammography;
- breast examination of women over 30 years of age;
- when it is necessary to choose hormonal contraceptives;
- after injuries of the mammary gland of a different nature;
- in the presence of gynecological diseases associated with impaired ovarian activity;
- premenopausal women as an adjunct to mammography;
- when a woman is wearing silicone prostheses (assessment of their condition).
In general, it is considered preventively mandatory to do an ultrasound of the mammary glands once a year to exclude many different diseases. Indeed, the sooner the problem is revealed, the better.
After 35 years, breast ultrasound can be done twice a year, and after 50 years, it is simply necessary. It is at this age that hormonal changes take place, menopause is nearing (or has already arrived), and the likelihood of breast diseases increases.
To make an ultrasound of the mammary glands, do not need to undergo any special training. Lovely women, find 2 days a year for your female breast health.
Also, women under 35 years old and especially pregnant should do an ultrasound of the mammary glands, and not mammography. The latter still has a certain dose of radiation, which is simply contraindicated for pregnant women.
It is often asked when to do an ultrasound of the mammary glands in relation to the menstrual cycle. This is true, because to determine any dyshormonal changes in the mammary glands, it is necessary that they be in a state of so-called "hormonal rest". If we consider the average cycle equal to 28 days, then the most favorable for ultrasound will be the period from the 4th to the 8th day from the beginning of the menstrual period. That is, more often the ultrasound falls on the first phase of the menstrual cycle (on average, 5-14 days).
What dreams cakes
Desktop decorative fountain
Basic rules for healthy hardening
Pork with potatoes in the oven
Where are the Far Cry saves?
Why in 50 years women write to old women
Antenna from a cable for digital TV in 5 minutes
What is a supplement?