What does ESR mean?
One of the indicators of the total clinical analysis of blood is the indicator of erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). It shows how fast agglomeration, erythrocyte sedimentation occurs. It is impossible to give an unequivocal answer to the question what the ESR means in certain specific circumstances. This indicator does not indicate a specific disease or pathological condition. However, its diagnostic value is quite large.
Diagnosis of diseases using ESR analysis
- The normal rate of ESR in men is 2-10 mm / h, in women it is slightly different - 3-15 mm / h, in pregnant women - 20-25 mm / h. Knowing what ESR means and what is its level, you can independently determine the presence of deviations.
- The reasons that affect the acceleration of ESR quite a lot. These include infectious diseases, inflammatory processes, tumors, metabolic diseases, rheumatic diseases, cirrhosis of the liver.
- There are also many reasons for the slowing down of ESR - this is a gastric ulcer, a number of liver diseases, and an increase in the number of red blood cells.
Features of the ESR analysis
- The definition of ESR is influenced by many factors, such as the shape and size of red blood cells, changes in their number, contraceptive use, pregnancy.
- When deciding what the increased ESR means, it is not only the level of its increase that is important, but also the nature of changes in the dynamics of the disease. A significant increase in ESR usually indicates a high activity of the pathological process. Due to the fact that several opposite reasons can act simultaneously on the rate of ESR, it is necessary to take this into account.
- In the case when after the initial increase, the level of ESR decreases, we can talk about a favorable course of the process.
- When the processes are acute in nature, as well as exacerbation of chronic diseases, ESR most often increases after 2-3 days from the start of the process. The delay of this term speaks about the existing violations in the development of the process.
How to play rezinochku
Decorate the cup
What is periodontal disease
What is manti
How to recover after a workout
What is criminal liability
Mood swings in women: real reasons