What are the features of organic products?
Today, organic products began to appear on store shelves more and more often. And what is it? And how is organic food different from the usual and familiar to many?
What it is?
What is organic foods? These are products of both industrial and agricultural production, in the manufacture of which no artificial substances were used. If we are talking about vegetables and fruits, then in their cultivation pesticides and synthetic fertilizers were not used.
When it comes to meat, the maintenance of animals does not use antibiotics, growth regulators, hormones. Among other things, animals can not be kept in environmentally unfavorable conditions. Fruits and vegetables also cannot grow in a polluted environment. In general, these are ecological clean, natural and very healthy products.
Organic can be finished products. In this case, when processing raw materials (it, of course,is also organic) manufacturers do not use dyes, preservatives, thickeners, emulsifiers, stabilizers, flavor enhancers, flavors and other substances.
Not acceptable methods that reduce the nutritional value of products, such as mineralization, refining, atomic splitting, processing surfactants (surface-active substances) and phenols, carbonation, radiation or ultrasonic treatment, chemical preservation, and so on.
Where do they come from?
Where are organic products grown? This is usually done on small farms or in fairly large farms. Industrial production is also permissible, but since it is often unprofitable, the price of products obtained by industrial means will be higher as compared to farmers grown by private individuals.
In any case, the location and operation of the farm or factory must meet certain requirements.
- First, the company can be located only in ecologically clean areas.
- Secondly, manufacturers can use only natural feed and fertilizer.
- Thirdly, all the products should ideally undergo several checks before they go on sale.
That is, a farmer can not simply come to the owner of a large network and offer his goods. He must provide quality certificates and other documents.
Where to find?
You can find organic products by labeling, which, in fact, should speak about the compliance of goods with quality standards. But in fact, everything is different. The fact is that in many former CIS countries, particularly in Ukraine and Russia, there are simply no laws that would clearly regulate the production and sale of products of this category.
And there is no special unified marking, which is generally accepted for domestic producers. And this means that it remains to hope for the integrity of manufacturers.
The only legalized sign is “GMO Free”, which says that no genetically modified additives were used in the production. If you find inscriptions like “Bioproduct”, “Organic product”, “Biologically safe” and so on, then this may be the usual marketing ploy.
But how to find organic products?
- Firstly, it is possible to purchase imported goods that have legal labeling. The products of the EU, Germany, USA and Japan are the most famous. But, of course, they will cost a lot more times, and it is not so easy to find them.
- Secondly, you can go to specialized farm stores or departments, they are in every major city.
- Thirdly, you can go straight to the farm. But it is extremely important to find a trusted supplier with an impeccable reputation. Otherwise, the products can be not only not organic, but also harmful to health and even life-threatening.
Basic principles of production
The production of organic products is based on several important principles:
- The principle of care. Manufacturers must take care of the health of future generations and are responsible for protecting the environment.
- Principle of environmental friendliness. Production is based on natural cycles and living ecosystems, and also involves their preservation.
- The principle of health. This term means the health of the entire ecosystem as a whole, that is, plants, animals, soil and people.
- The principle of justice.Producers should conduct fair and equitable relationships with nature and the environment (that is, not treat them consumerly), and also be based on the equality of opportunities for all people.
- They are harmless and completely safe for people, as they do not contain any harmful substances.
- Such products have a higher nutritional value, and, therefore, more useful. They contain much more vitamins, minerals, macro- and microelements, that is, they strengthen immunity, prevent some diseases and protect against beriberi.
- Such products have a more natural and rich taste, created by nature itself and not spoiled by flavors.
- Organic production does not have a negative impact on the environment, which means that it does not suffer. And this is important both for the present and for future generations.
- Production is useful for farmers. They invest their strength, but at the same time they can supply truly high-quality products and, therefore, set a decent price.
Organic products have disadvantages:
- High price.Such products are more expensive than usual on average by 20-50%.
- Finding truly high-quality organic products is not as easy as we would like.
- Since there are no clear markings, there is a risk to purchase low-quality products that do not meet the requirements for them.
- This is not very beneficial for farmers. Yes, the production is considered quite expensive, and the productivity is not high at the same time. And few are willing to pay for quality, most people prefer cheaper, but less quality products.
Try to use only environmentally friendly and high-quality products in order to preserve and improve your health!
How to issue an act
Need a playground
Will massage lose weight?
How to fish
The most terrible horror films of Russia
The application spring came
Why dream bathing