What are peptides and how are they useful?
The human body is influenced by a multitude of substances synthesized within it or from outside. Not so long ago peptides began to be used in dietology and cosmetology. If you want to keep abreast of world trends, learn the properties and functions of these compounds.
What is it?
What are peptides? They are small protein elements. The composition of peptides includes amino acid residues, the total number of which can reach several dozen. These substances are produced in the human body, but they are also contained in some products and synthesized artificially.
Depending on the functions performed, several groups of peptides are distinguished:
- Hormones are synthesized by the endocrine glands (pituitary, hypothalamus), are responsible for the full course of regeneration processes.
- Immunological peptides form the natural protective barrier of a person, prevent the negative effects of toxic effects.
- Neuropeptides are produced by the nervous system: peripheral and central. These substances are involved in the regulation of many important physiological processes occurring in the human body.
- Bioregulators are responsible for the regulation of physical activity and the control of many biological reactions and processes. This group is divided into several subspecies, namely peptides involved in the maintenance of hormonal levels, controlling appetite and food processing, providing anesthetic effect and are responsible for the regulation of vascular tone and blood pressure.
If the basis of the classification is to take the size of the substance molecule, then you can select polypeptides and oligopeptides. The first include more than two dozen amino acid residues. The oligopeptides consist of ten to twenty residues.
Good to know! At the moment, science knows more than 1.5 thousand different peptides. They perform a variety of functions, depending on several factors, such as the number of links, the secondary structure, the chaining sequence of chains.
What are peptides for?
How do peptides act on the human body? They are necessary for the maintenance of life and perform various important functions:
- Normalization of the hormonal background.This is especially true for the fair sex, because the female body is more susceptible to the influence of hormones, and the work of some systems literally depends on their level and balance.
- Kupirovanie inflammatory reactions arising as a result of tissue damage and activity of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Ensuring the normal speed of regeneration processes. This allows for rapid healing of wounds.
- Control of cholesterol synthesis. It is necessary for the body, but there is a so-called “bad” cholesterol and “good”. The latter should be present much more.
- Restoration of the structure of bone tissue, ensuring the strengthening of the ligamentous apparatus.
- Participation in the functioning of the immune system, strengthening the natural defenses of the human body.
- Normalization of sleep, improvement of the nervous system, protection from the negative effects of stress.
- Antioxidant effects, especially important for modern people. Free radicals trigger the processes of oxidation and aging of tissues, provoke the degeneration and mutation of healthy cells.Peptides inhibit the activity of oxidants, thereby preserving the youthfulness of the organism and providing prevention of cancer.
Application in cosmetology
Peptides are very useful for the skin and hair and affect in several ways:
- Accelerated skin regeneration, fast healing of any damage.
- Strengthening cell membranes.
- Peptides are small in size and can capture other substances, ensuring their transportation to the deeper layers of the skin and increasing the effectiveness of cosmetics.
- Normalization of intercellular metabolism, maintaining the balance of substances that make up the structure of cells.
- Protection of skin and hair from the effects of external negative factors of influence.
- Strengthening the walls of blood vessels and small capillaries, improving microcirculation.
- Restoring the structure of the hair, strengthening their rods. Locks acquire a well-groomed and healthy appearance.
- Stimulation of the synthesis of natural elastin and collagen, responsible for elasticity, youth, fresh appearance. This effect will allow you to get rid of wrinkles, improve the face oval and provide effective lifting.
- Stabilization of the activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Strengthening the protective barrier and local immunity of the dermis.
Well-studied peptides are added to cosmetics, for example, laufacil, matrixil, syn-call, argireline, syn-Eyck and others. The results of the application of cosmetics depend on their concentration. As a rule, side effects do not occur, but still likely allergic reactions, slight swelling of tissues, redness. Symptoms go away independently as the body becomes accustomed to substances, but sometimes it is necessary to cancel it.
Use in sports nutrition and nutrition
Useful properties of peptides apply to athletes and people who monitor weight:
- Stimulation of the synthesis of hormones responsible for muscle growth and anabolic processes.
- Muscle recovery after intense stress and damage.
- Regulation of metabolic processes. If the metabolism is normal, then the energy will be spent properly, without being put off as extra pounds in problem areas. In addition, with good metabolism, body fat burns faster, which is useful for losing weight.
- Control of appetite. With a normal level of peptides in the body, you will not experience feelings of hunger and overeat.
What products contain peptides?
Peptides are synthesized by the human body, but they can be obtained from food: dairy and dairy products, legumes, eggs, seafood, greens, cereals, sea fish, lean meat, sunflower seeds, some vegetables (especially radishes, radishes).
Peptides derived from food do not cause undesirable reactions, as they have a natural, natural origin. But when taking artificially synthesized substances, side effects can occur: allergies, fluid retention, changes in blood pressure, the development of autoimmune diseases, general weakness, decreased receptor sensitivity, tunnel syndrome (squeezing of the nerve of the carpal channel).
Take any peptides with caution and preferably after consulting a doctor. Dosages are indicated on packages, but it will be better if they are individually selected by a specialist. Do not exceed the permissible dose in order to avoid unwanted reactions. It is recommended to choose drugs in the form of tablets or capsules in order not to get confused in dosages and to avoid mistakes when preparing the remedy.In some cases it is useful to use peptides with vitamin complexes, herbal preparations.
Peptides are health, rejuvenating, restorative, tonic effects. Such substances are important for the human body and must flow into it. But take peptide drugs with caution.
Why are the highlights
How to secure your home
Fir felt toy
Beef with red wine sauce
How to flash your psp
How to remove Yandex. Bar
Crochet white socks