Vomiting in a child: what to do?
Watch the video
The child always requires increased attention. It is especially important to show him when he has nausea and vomiting, since they can be signs of serious diseases that require prompt treatment. There are several reasons for the appearance of such symptoms in a child.
Causes of vomiting in children
Vomiting is an intense contraction of the esophagus and stomach, which provoke an involuntary ejection of previously eaten food and liquid drunk outside. Such a process may occur for the following reasons:
- Infectious diseases observed in the gastrointestinal tract. They are the most common cause of nausea and vomiting in a child. To provoke such a disease can poisoning poorly washed fruits or vegetables. As a result, intoxication of the body and involuntary release of food.
- Diseases of the digestive tract. Most often, children have gastric stenosis, when the sphincter, which acts as a channel for the release of food into the intestine, is so narrowed that food cannot pass through it.
- Metabolic disease.As a rule, it occurs when there is a lack of enzymes in the body, which are involved in the digestive process. Their deficiency provokes nausea and vomiting in a child.
- Infectious diseases that are not related to the defeat of the gastrointestinal tract. So, they can occur because of the flu, meningitis and other ailments.
- Disruption of the systems and organs in the body. In this case, nausea and vomiting can be provoked by appendicitis, medication with strong side effects.
Vomiting in a child: first aid
What to do if a child has vomiting? First aid should be provided at home on their own.
- First of all, you need to perform unloading in food. Try not to give the child food for 6-12 hours.
- Next you need to start fractional water the child. Take for this special powder "Regidron". One sachet of this drug diluted in 1 liter of warm boiled water and water the child in small portions at intervals of 15-20 minutes.
- If vomiting stops, give the baby an adsorbent. It is better to choose "Polyphepan", and if you have a nursing baby, take "Smektu".
You can also use an effective tool - a hot pad with salt. It is used in order to reduce cramps, warm the stomach, reduce the gagging urge and nausea.To do it, you need to act as follows:
- Take 1 cup of sea salt and calcine it for 3-5 minutes in a griddle. It needs to be hot.
- Pour salt into an old pillowcase and fold it in such a way so that you get a flat pillow, the size of which should roughly correspond to the area of your child's stomach.
- Wrap the finished pad in a thin towel and attach to the stomach at the place where the stomach is located. Keep it necessary until improvements come. This procedure can be repeated several times.
After that, you need to contact your pediatrician as soon as possible. This must be done in order for him to establish the exact cause of the appearance of vomiting and, if necessary, prescribe a comprehensive treatment.
In some cases, you may need emergency help from a doctor:
- It is impossible to get a baby drunk, as vomiting is indomitable;
- Against the background of nausea and vomiting, irritability or impaired consciousness has arisen;
- The child drinks infrequently, while vomiting occurs regularly, there is frequent loose stools, and body temperature is high;
- Vomiting is accompanied by pain, stool is absent for 12 hours, or there are blood inclusions in it;
- Vomiting is a consequence of a head injury - it is important to urgently visit a neurosurgeon or a neurologist.
What can not be done?
If vomiting occurs, do not do the following:
- Flush the stomach if the child is unconscious;
- Giving drugs that affect the work of the intestines, for example, "Motilium" or "Zerukal".
- To feed the child with solutions of alcohol or potassium permanganate;
- Refuse to visit the doctor, even if there are improvements in the child's condition.
How to flash a Nokia phone
How to eat a pumpkin
Slimming diets for the week
Flowers from disposable spoons do-it-yourself
How effective is fasting for weight loss
How to sew a dog
Who is a merchandiser