Peanut Butter Cooking Secrets
Nuts are very healthy and tasty. For example, many of us use peanuts. Have you ever tried peanut butter? If not, be sure to try. By the way, you can prepare such a paste in the home.
What is it?
Peanut butter is made from roasted peanuts. Nuts are ground and mixed with various auxiliary ingredients. Today, you can find creamy pasta made from completely chopped nuts, as well as pasta with pieces of peanuts or with some other fillings.
A bit of history
In general, South America is considered the birthplace of cultivated peanuts. And it's no surprise that it was the Americans who invented peanut butter. It began to be made in the mid-late 19th century, and the American nutritionist Marcellus Gilmer Edson received a patent for this dish in 1884.
He cooked peanuts by placing it in the space between two heated surfaces.Then in 1895, John Harvey Kellogg was awarded a patent for the production of pasta from unroasted nuts, which was used as a source of protein for people deprived of their teeth.
In 1903, Dr. Ambrose Stromb invented a special apparatus for preparing this dish. And in 1922, a method of making a paste with the addition of oil was invented. Since then, peanut paste is present in the diet of any American average family. A large part of the crop of peanuts goes exactly to make it.
What do you eat pasta with? This dish is consumed in its pure form, spread on bread or added to pastry or other products.
What is in it?
The composition of peanut butter (like the nuts themselves) is unique and rich. Here contain saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, di- and monosaccharides, magnesium, sodium, zinc, iron, calcium, manganese, selenium, potassium, copper, iodine, cobalt, vitamin E, PP, A, and group B, fiber, phytosterols , omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, proteins and so on. Calorie paste is quite high, it is about 580-600 calories per 100 grams.
The benefits of peanut butter are invaluable, which is why this product is so popular in some countries. Here are some properties of the paste:
- It is an excellent source of protein that can replace meat and fish. And protein is the main building material for almost all cells of the body. Vegetarians, for example, appreciate and love such a product.
- Pasta is very useful for the cardiovascular system. It does not contain cholesterol, and, therefore, will not be able to provoke atherosclerosis. And here there is potassium, which strengthens the heart muscle.
- The composition has antioxidants that protect our body from the damaging effects of free radicals, which often leads to the development of cancer.
- Peanut butter is very nourishing and nutritious, so if you eat a few spoons for breakfast, you can forget about hunger for a few hours.
- Fiber, which is part, helps to eliminate toxins and slags, as well as normalize digestion.
- B vitamins normalize metabolic processes, promote tissue regeneration.
- Magnesium is necessary for normal functioning of the nervous system.
- In addition, peanut paste helps to increase vitality and strengthen the immune system.
- The product is useful for anemia.
Is it harmful?
It is worth remembering that peanut butter can cause harm.First, nuts often provoke allergic reactions, so be careful. Secondly, because of the high caloric content, this product can spoil your figure.
Therefore, there is a paste best in the morning (preferably for breakfast) and in limited quantities. The daily rate should not exceed 30-40 grams (1-3 tablespoons).
So, what ingredients are usually part of the paste?
- Of course, peanuts, it is the main ingredient. As a rule, peanuts are fried, in unroasted form it is not so tasty. Naturally, before cooking, the nuts must be cleaned, if required.
- To make the paste homogeneous, add oil to it. Peanut butter is ideal, but you can use any other. But it is important that the oil does not have a smell, so it is better to choose refined.
- Often salt is added to the paste. In small quantities, it improves the taste of peanuts.
- If you want to get a sweet paste, then add sugar or honey.
How to cook peanut butter? There is nothing complicated about it. Here are the main stages of cooking:
- The first step is to prepare the nuts.There are two options for training. The first - roasting in a pan. Simply heat the frying pan and fry the peanuts until a light golden hue appears. The second option is cooking in the oven. Pour the peanuts one layer on a baking sheet and for 10-15 minutes, send it to the oven. If you are afraid that the nuts will burn, then grease the pan or frying pan with oil. Mix with the oil you can and nuts. In addition, the fire does not need to do too much.
- Then you need to grind the nuts. This can be done using a blender, meat grinder or food processor. It is most convenient to use a blender. You need to grind peanuts until you see a homogeneous mass. At some point (after about five minutes) it will seem to you that the process is complete. But if you continue grinding, after another five minutes peanut butter will start to stand out, which will mix with the nuts and make the mass even more homogeneous. So the whole process can take about 15 minutes, be ready for this.
- Then, the auxiliary components are added.
We offer several options for cooking peanut butter.
This is a dessert paste recipe.List of ingredients:
- 2 cups peanuts;
- 5-7 tablespoons of honey;
- 4-5 tablespoons of vegetable oil (preferably peanut oil).
- Peanuts peel and fry in a frying pan or cook in the oven.
- Place the peanuts in the bowl of the blender and start chopping it.
- Add the butter and honey and continue to grind the mixture until it is smooth. Have enough patience, it can take several minutes.
And this is salted peanut butter. For its preparation you will need:
- 2 cups of nuts;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Nuts fry. Peel them, by the way, and after roasting you can make it easier.
- Now put the peanuts in a blender and start chopping it.
- After 5 minutes, add salt and vegetable oil, continue grinding.
- Salty homemade pasta is ready.
Prepare a spicy paste of peanuts. Ingredients:
- 2 cups peanuts;
- ½ tsp salt;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- Fry and peanut.
- Immerse the nuts in a blender with garlic, chop.
- After a few minutes, add the butter and salt, chop a few more minutes.
- Spicy pasta is ready!
Enjoy nutritious and tasty peanut butter, but do not abuse!
How to lose weight wisely
How to treat neuralgia
Worms: dream books interpret what dreams the worms
Middleton sisters wedding: find 7 differences
What dishes do you use
What are nozzles
Zener and Transistor Power Supply