We erase curtains
First of all - about the main thing: the curtains need to be changed (and therefore - washed or cleaned) at least twice a year. The rest of the time they will benefit from the usual airing of the room. Open the windows and let the curtains rush in the wind for several hours. So gently you shake off the dust from them, and at the same time refresh the air in the house.
In dry cleaning
Curtains of all stripes (up to the tulle) can be dry-cleaned (approximate prices are given in the table). In addition, some cleaning companies, along with cleaning the apartment and washing windows, offer an additional service."Dry" cleaning curtains. In this case, you do not have to leave the house and even remove the curtains from the eaves (the cost of such cleaning is from 150 rubles per square meter). If your curtains are made of expensive natural fabrics - they have a direct way to dry cleaning. In other cases, you can do washing.
Prices for dry cleaning curtainscompany "Diana"
Curtains, drapesFROM Curtains double 1 square. m130220Double curtains (portieres, products from tapestry, panel) for 1 sq. m95160Curtains thin (silk, tulle) per 1 sq. m. 70115 Brushes, garters 95160
In the wash
Laundry can survive the curtains of artificial or blended (they must be at least 10% synthetic) fabrics, as well as kitchen curtains made of cotton. Since the event is, as a rule, extremely rare, and the curtains really want to return the original purity and freshness - there are some general rules that apply to all types of curtains:
- Before you dunk, the curtains must be thoroughly shaken off the dust (it’s best to do it outside - but a balcony will do).
- Before washing, it is imperative to soak them either in plain water or in water with the addition of laundry detergent - sometimes this procedure should be repeated two or even three times, changing the water each time (it all depends on the degree of contamination).
- After washing, thoroughly rinse the curtains. Otherwise, when the remnants of detergents come in contact with sunlight, the fabric may burn out.
Curtains and drapes
If you are not part of the Russian national team in weightlifting, it is best to pass the thick curtains and curtains in dry cleaning, especially if you do not know the composition of the fabric.If you decide to wash them, you will have to do it carefully, which means long and tedious. To get rid of dust ingrained in heavy material, you must first soak the curtains - several times in plain cold water (you can add soda or salt to it) and some in a little warm powder. After that - hand or gentle machine wash with a gentle means. You can not rub, boil. Rinse in warm, then in cold water. And no spin! Allow water to drain, so as not to damage the texture of the fabric and do not stretch it.
- Velvet.Velvet curtains, cleaned of dust with a brush, then wiped with a soft wool cloth dipped in gasoline, and dried. Then again they clean with a woolen cloth, but already dipped in wine spirit.
- Tapestry.This material is prescribed dry cleaning with a brush or vacuum cleaner. You can also wipe the tapestry with a slightly damp sponge.
- Flock.To remove dust, you can use a vacuum cleaner, a sponge or a soft brush for clothes. Regular care of the curtains from the flock will retain their silky shine.
Read more about stain removal here.
Tulle, silk, organza
Subtle natures, therefore, they should be treated extremely carefully.
They are pre-soaked in cold water (to remove dust, you will have to change the water several times). Just do not abuse time: if synthetic curtains lie for a long time wet, they can form folds that can not be smoothed.
Then the curtains are washed by hand at a water temperature of up to 30 degrees. If your washing machine has a delicate wash mode with no spin, you can use it. Since curtains and curtains are usually crumpled, put them in a pillowcase before loading them into the car. Wash separately, making sure that the weight does not exceed half the recommended loading rate. Iron organza and tulle at the lowest temperature.
By the way, a great way to avoid ironing is to hang the washed curtains on the windows wet.
How to return white to tulle: "grandmothers" means
- Soak the darkened and yellowed cotton tulle before washing in salt water (1 tablespoon salt for 1 liter of water).
- In hot water, add 1 tbsp. l ammonia, 2 tbsp. l 3 percent hydrogen peroxide, and dip in it carefully straightened tulle for 30 minutes, then rinse well.
With kitchen curtains, the situation is much easier than with the rest. Usually they are made from inexpensive cotton or synthetic fabric that can withstand frequent washing. Here are some simple instructions:
- To make kitchen curtains easier to wash off, soak them overnight in salty cold water, and then add salt to the powder when washing.
- Calico curtains are washed in cold salted water, rinsed in water with vinegar.
- Cotton always sits, but the color also fades. Therefore, when washing, choose a temperature not higher than indicated on the label.
On a note!
Before sewing the curtains, moisten the fabric so that later there will be no trouble with shrinkage when washing. Or hem curtains with a solid stock.
Now that you have hung clean curtains and snow-white tulle, take a critical look at them - maybe you should replace the usual window decor with something brighter and more summer? Especially in fashion nowa combination of green and pink, giant flowers and polka dot fabrics.
How to cheer up
How to draw a pencil
Church holiday September 27
How to remove the tape
What to tie a child
How to get skyrim
How to get to Tver