Easy Whole Wheat Bread - Ready in 90 Minutes
How to Make Whole Wheat Bread in a Machine
2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
12 oz. ( 1 1/2 Cups) filtered water, wrist temperature. You can microwave it to bring it up to a lukewarm temperature.
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 tsp. salt (see tips)(I used 1 1/2 tsp)
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 cups unbleached flour
1 3/4 teaspoons dry yeast (available in bulk at warehouse stores; refrigerate the portion you're not using) or one packet of dry yeast.
For a darker texture, 3 Tablespoons of molasses (if desired)
Add two tablespoons of packed brown sugar to the bottom of the bread machine pan.If you would like a darker texture of bread, at this point you can also add 3 tablespoons of molasses.
Add the warm water.You can use it to rinse the oil and sugar off the measuring spoon.
Add up to two teaspoons of salt.The salt controls the rise, and you don't want it to over-rise. The bread may hit the lid of the bread machine if it rises too much. It may also form a bubble or cave-in in the center.
- Make this bread more than once, and you will learn how much salt to add to control the rise.
Add three cups of unbleached flour.
Add one cup of whole wheat flour.
Add the yeast.Adding it on the top of the flour like this keeps it dry until the bread cycle starts, in case you want to use a delay timer.
Place the pan in the bread machine.Make sure it's inserted firmly and correctly.
Select an appropriate cycle and start the machine.Do not open the machine while the cycle is running.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If you can resist pouncing for a little while, let the bread cool in the pan for a few minutes and then on a rack for a few minutes more before you slice into it. A loaf that's too hot and moist could burn your fingers and could shred when you cut into it.
- If you keep your yeast in the freezer, it can last many months or even a few years. Make sure it's in a tightly sealed container.
- Want more whole wheat flour? Use two cups of whole wheat bread flour and two cups of unbleached. You can try more than that, totaling 4 cups of flour, but unbleached flour handles more easily when baking bread, and it's usually less expensive.
- If you have the choice of whole wheat flours, choose whole wheat bread flour,notwhole wheat pastry flour.
- You can use all-purpose flour, but bread flour will result in a better texture.
- With the water temperature, aim for a warm bath. If you'd like the temperature, your yeast will, too.
- As with most bread machine recipes, it helps to add the ingredients in order, particularly if you plan to set a delay timer so that you will have fresh bread in the morning.
- First cold press, extra virgin olive oil is best; if you need a cheaper alternative, you can use canola oil.
- Filtered is preferred because it removes the chlorine that might otherwise work against the yeast.
- Salt regulates the action of yeast. Use a bit more salt to keep the loaf from rising too much. Donotskip the salt in this loaf.
Video: How To Make Whole Wheat Brown Bread | Whole Wheat Flour Bread Recipe | Whole Wheat Bread by Upasana
Low-Fat Diets and the Heart
The One Thing: Laura Mercier Radiance FoundationPrimer
How Quickly You Lose a Skill
Top home remedies that every doctor swears by
The best budget wake-up light alarm clock
What Its Like to Be Anna Wintours Assistant: An Instagram Diary
23 Unique Ideas for a Winter Wedding
Lauren Santo Domingo Officially HasEVERYTHING
Chef Vikkis Brown Rice Crusted Chicken Cutlets With Edamame Hummus and Cherry Tomatoes
Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Bedroom
Date: 04.12.2018, 15:13 / Views: 63485