How to make beautiful and tasty cookies in the form of buttons?
If for tea you want something not only delicious, but also unusual, then try making funny and original cookies in the form of buttons.
What ingredients are needed?
For the preparation of cookies, sand dough is usually used, which consists of flour, sugar, eggs and butter. But to make the dessert really tasty, you should use only high-quality ingredients, as well as adhere to certain proportions.
So, the list of components necessary for preparing the dough:
- half a glass of sugar;
- a full glass of flour;
- 100 g butter;
- two yolks.
How to make cookies that look like buttons? The recipe is quite simple, so even an aspiring hostess can handle it. First you need to knead the dough:
- Mix the yolks that are separated from the whites with sugar and rub well or whisk with a blender.
- Slightly softened, but not melted, and preferably even cold butter should be added to the egg-sugar mixture. Again, mix everything, and better beat well with a mixer, a whisk or a blender. It should make a soft homogeneous mass.
- Now gradually begin to add flour, kneading the dough with a spoon or your own clean hand. It should turn plastic, but rather dense.
Finally, the most interesting is the formation of cookies. To make small buttons, prepare round molds and sticks. As forms you can use small plastic cups or flipped glasses. And if you want the buttons to turn out to be miniature, then take the caps from the bottles. The holes will be more realistic if you make them a plastic tube for drinks.
Is everything you need ready? Then start creating. First, roll the dough into a layer about 5 or 6 millimeters thick. Next, cut round parts, in each of them do with a straw or a stick (for example, a wooden skewer or a match, if there is nothing else) two or four holes.
Preheat the oven in advance to 180 or 190 degrees. Take a baking sheet, cover the bottom with baking paper (parchment) and lightly grease with butter. Place cookies, leaving small holes between them. Next, leave the baking tray in the oven for twenty to thirty minutes, depending on the power of the appliance. Dessert readiness can be checked by shade. When the buttons get a light appetizing ruddy, you can remove them from the oven.
A few tips for hostess:
- Instead of granulated sugar, you can use powder, then the texture will be more tender and airy.
- If desired, you can add natural flavors to the dough, such as a pinch of cinnamon or vanilla.
- To make the buttons easier and more convenient, send the dough after kneading in the refrigerator for literally twenty to thirty minutes. The oil will harden and the mass will become more plastic and dense. If you go directly to the formation, then the cookies can fade and soften.
- So that during the formation of the dough does not stick to the molds, their edges can be dipped in flour.
- You can make cookie buttons even brighter and more colorful.To do this, use cocoa and juices of fruits and vegetables of rich colors, for example, beetroot, carrot, pomegranate, peach, cherry, apricot. Brown chocolate will add chocolate or cocoa. Food coloring can also be used for coloring. Divide the dough into several equal parts and add one coloring component to each.
- Bright multi-colored cookies can be used as an original decoration for the Christmas tree. To do this, thread the threads or ribbons into the holes and tie edible buttons to the branches of the New Year's tree. And after the holiday they can be eaten with pleasure.
- To make the finished cookies even more attractive and have a light shine on the surface, you can grease them with egg whites before baking.
- Buttons can be made even more realistic, having convex edges. To do this, you need to form circles, and then using the form, having a smaller diameter, make a recess along the edge.
- The dessert will turn out funny if you form buttons of different sizes. Children will love this for sure.
Prepare delicious, funny and unusual cookies for your children or guests to please them!
How to withstand starvation
As they call women
What is postmodernism
How to learn to play in the COP
What is elegy