How to learn to pull up on the bar - a step by step plan for beginners
Before you learn to pull up on the bar from scratch, you should ask two simple questions. First - what is a horizontal bar and where to get it? And the second - why is it necessary? Answering these questions, you can begin to train.
So, what is a horizontal bar? The construction is a gymnastic apparatus for performing various exercises, including pull-ups. It is the ability of muscles to lift a person’s weight. Having a horizontal bar, everyone will be able to evaluate their strength, and if it is insufficient, develop it. By design, the horizontal bar is simple, and it can easily be installed in the apartment. In sports stores, you can pick up a shell for any home.
What is the use of exercise? Even in ancient Rome, special attention was paid to physical culture. Sport is relevant in our days. And with regular classes on the bar you can achieve the following:
- Cultivate endurance and increase muscle strength.
- Get rid of congenital defects in the figure.
- Lose weight.
- Give joints and joints strength, including stretching.
And most importantly, the horizontal bar strengthens and develops the spine, the main support of the human body.
Preparation and precautions
Any new business begins with the preparatory work and the identification of possible hazards. The same should be done before the start of training on the bar at home. For beginners, it is important not to rush, so as not to harm the body.
First consult with doctors, because not everyone can practice power sports. Exercises on the horizontal bar are contraindicated for persons with the following diseases:
- Spinal curvature, scoliosis.
- Herniated discs of the spine.
- Spinal disc protrusion.
For people suffering from osteochondrosis, classes should be conducted sparingly.
When permission from the doctor is received, the preparatory stage begins, which includes the following points.
- Correctly determine the height of the projectile. The crossbar should be at the height of outstretched hands, taking into account the distance for a small jump.Height is selected so that you can hang freely on the bar with arms outstretched, not reaching the floor.
- Before the start of classes, prepare the body. Every day for 1.5-2 minutes to hang on the bar without doing the exercises. To do this, first the height of the crossbar should be lowered to 70-90 cm from the floor. This exercise is performed in a reclining position. The arms grab the crossbar, legs stretch at an angle to the floor, the heels are on the floor. In this position, just hang, but you can slowly pull up. With increasing training, the height of the bar varies.
- After 3-5 days, you can go to workouts with an expander. To do this, set the normal height of the crossbar, and fasten a long expander with a large loop at the bottom. Put your legs in this loop, and grasp the crossbar with your hands. In this position, the expander will stretch. If you start to climb, the spring of the expander will push the body up. Thus, the load on the hands is reduced.
- As a preparation, you can use push-ups from the floor.
Choice of grip and execution rules
The grip is a way of pulling up on a horizontal bar. There are several types of it.With each variant, different muscles develop, therefore during exercises it is recommended to change the hold. Enumerate the most popular types.
- Straight.The hands are positioned in such a way that the palm is turned toward the crossbar and can be reached from above. With this option, the load on the muscles of the back and shoulders is greatest.
- Back.The palms of the hands are turned in the direction of the face, and the cross is wrapped around the bottom. With such a tightening the greatest load on the biceps.
- Combined.When tightening, one hand grabs the crossbar with a straight grip, and the other with a reverse grip.
When pulling up, the distance between the arms on the crossbar is of great importance. Depending on this distance, the grips are divided into narrow and wide. With a narrow distance between the hands is determined by the width of the performer. When wide - the distance is always greater than the width of the shoulders. With different width of the grip, different muscles develop. Consequently, changing the width, you can train all the muscles of the arms and back.
Step plan for beginners
The first stage - 1-5 pull-ups
Go to the first stage, when you finish the preparation stage and you can pull up once.The task of this stage is to develop muscles from scratch in order to pull yourself up 5 times in one go.
To achieve this goal, the turnstiles recommend the following plan of classes.
- In the process of training to increase the number of approaches. Start with 10-15 sets of 1-2 pull-ups in each. The break between the approaches should be from 20 to 40 seconds.
- Pull up with different grabs.
The second stage - 5-10 pull-ups
If the first stage is successfully completed and 5 pull-ups are no longer a problem, proceed to the second step, the goal of which is to achieve 10 complete pull-ups in one approach.
To achieve the goal, you can use the exercise, called "ladder". It is performed as follows.
- First, one pull-up is done in one approach, followed by a break of 5 seconds.
- After the break, 2 pull-ups are done for 1 approach.
The third stage - 10-30 pull-ups
When the goals of the second stage are reached, you can proceed to the third. The third stage is the achievement of 30 pull-ups for 1 approach. The task is not easy. For this it is recommended to tighten with additional weight.They can serve as a special vest-weighting. If it is not, you can put some kind of cargo in the backpack, for example, a bottle of water or dumbbells. In this case, the minimum number of pull-ups in a single approach is 10 times, followed by an increase of 1.
The fourth stage - over 30 pull-ups
The fourth stage provides for an increase in pull-ups over 30 times. For this purpose, a training program is drawn up, including a six-day cycle per week. One day is a day off. In the process of training, rest between sets should be 2-3 minutes. Classes are held continuously. Even if there was a pass, then when you resume, you need to strive to pull up as many times as planned. If this fails, you should start from the previous week and catch up on the missed.
Types of exercises on the bar at home
If it is not possible to visit the gym, the horizontal bar can be equipped at home. This is not so difficult, because you can buy inventory in sports shops and install it yourself. For classes at home you can apply the following types of exercises.
- Classic pull-up.The usual kind of pull-up, performed by a direct grip. The width of the grip is wider than the width of the shoulders. This exercise is performed without rocking the body and jerks. To make it easier, it is recommended to cross your legs. Lifting is performed only by the muscles of the arms and back. Successful lifting is considered when the chin is fixed for a certain moment above the crossbar. After that, you can go down and return to the starting position.
- Tightening the reverse grip.The method of exercise is the same as the classic, only the grip changes - the palms are turning towards themselves.
- Tightening wide grip.The exercise provides the initial position of the hands, when between them the maximum possible distance. In this case, the grip should be straight. Lifting occurs on the exhale and only with the help of hands. Go back to the starting position on inspiration.
- Dead pulling.Continues until the head of the performer touches the crossbar. After fixing the body in such a position, you can slowly descend to the starting position when the arms are fully extended.
- Pulling up the scheme of "halves of the moon."This view prepares the performer for pull-ups on one hand. Performs a wide grip. The first ascent is done with the body moving to the right side, the second - to the left side. Lifting finish only when the chin touches the hand. Fixing the touch, you can go down.
- Pulling up with one hand.Exercise difficult. To perform the necessary strong muscles. This option is not to everyone's taste, but by and large, is not needed. But if you can master it, then you have good strength and endurance.
Features of pull-ups for girls
Learning to pull up on the bar is a little harder for a girl than for a man. This is due to the fact that women have a different physiology, less muscle mass and strength. Especially weak muscles of the shoulder girdle, so usually women do not pull up.
If you really want, turnstile recommend to adhere to the following scheme.At first, just hang on the bar. It does not matter whether the strength to pull up or not. Just grab the bar and hang. Choose a low crossbar - legs can touch the floor or be pursed.
After two or three weeks of everyday visas, you can try to strain your arm muscles and try to pull yourself up. All exercises should pursue one goal - pull up 1 time. After reaching the goal, it is necessary to develop a program for gradually increasing the number of pull-ups.
How do professional barriers pull up
Training of professional tourniquets are aimed not only at strength exercises, but also on improving the technique of performing with the use of gymnastic elements. The program of such training consists of the following sections:
- Warm up For the warm-up, various exercises are performed that prepare the muscles for subsequent loads. Practice has found that a good warming up of the muscles raises the level of training by a quarter.
- Definition of the list of exercises and their sequence of execution on the horizontal bar.
- Determine the number of sets for each exercise.
- Calculation of the duration of classes.Duration depends on the number of exercises and sets. When calculating laid the time to rest between sets and different exercises.
- Determination of the frequency of classes. The frequency is selected for each artist individually. It is determined by the intensity of loads in previous classes, as well as the ability of muscles to recover.
- Drawing up a diet and a list of necessary products.
A few helpful tips that are recommended during training.
- Pull up, using the power of the muscles so that the body does not swing.
- Rise smoothly, avoiding jerks and inertia.
- Consider the lift complete when the chin is above the bar.
- Get down smoothly. Ensure that the ascent and descent times are the same.
- Breathe smoothly and calmly. The exhalation must be on the ascent, and the inhalation on the descent.
- Hold the case vertically.
- Do all exercises slowly.
Pulling up on the crossbar for many in life is not needed, but remember the Eastern proverb "if you know that your sword will be useful to you only once, wear it all your life." Consider strengthening your body.This is especially true of young men. Being strong, agile and in good physical shape has not prevented anyone.
On the golden holiday Nikolay Baskov and Stas Mikhailov divided the stage
When they switch the clock to summer time in Ukraine in 2016 Will they convert the time to summer 2016 in Russia
Glazing of a balcony in Khimki
How to lay linoleum
How to solve Japanese crosswords
It is necessary to clean the windows of the office center as a contract. What is better to use - the forest or the cradle