How to eat ginger?
Not long ago, thick golden roots, faintly resembling potatoes, appeared on the counters of supermarkets. On the price tags was the word "ginger". Until now, many housewives do not buy fresh ginger just because they do not know how to eat ginger and what can be cooked from it. Let's try to fill this annoying gap in our culinary knowledge.
Ginger and its beneficial properties.
Ginger is from Southeast Asia, so it is most often used in cooking Chinese and Japanese cuisine, which is so popular today. Due to the high content of vitamin C and various essential oils, ginger is an excellent folk remedy for the treatment of colds. A pair of cups of hot tea brewed from ginger and honey with a spoonful of honey, drunk at the first manifestations of the disease, will help you quickly forget about the impending cold. For pain and sore throat, it takes only a few minutes to chew a slice of ginger rhizome, and you will almost immediately feel a clear relief. In addition, doctors advise regularly to eat ginger to improve digestion, lower blood cholesterol levels and speed up metabolism.
How and with what is ginger.
Dried ground ginger is widely used in the manufacture of gingerbread, muffins, cookies and other sweet pastries. Often it is added to marinades for fish, meat and chicken. Fresh ginger tea is brewed, it is pickled, candied fruit is made from it and used as a spicy additive to meat and fish dishes of Oriental cuisine. Now that you already know in which dishes you can use fresh or dried ginger, try making some of them according to our own recipes.
Cooking ginger tea.
- Cut a small piece of fresh ginger rhizome, peel it and finely chop it.
- Take a porcelain teapot, rinse it with boiling water, put in it chopped ginger, a spoonful of ordinary black tea, a couple of buds of cloves and a few dried rose hips (if you have them).
- Fill the contents of the kettle with boiling water, cover it with a clean towel and let it brew for about a quarter of an hour.
- After that, pour the tea into a large mug, add a circle of lemon and a teaspoon of honey into it and drink it while it is still hot.
Such hot tea from ginger is the first remedy for the beginning cold.
Salad of white cabbage and ginger.
- Thinly shred 250 gr. cabbage, sprinkle it with salt and lightly rub her hands so that she let the juice.
- A small piece of ginger, about 1 cm long, peel and chop finely.
- Peel one green apple from the skin and seeds and cut it into strips.
- Mix these three ingredients in one bowl and pour the dressing made from six tablespoons of olive oil, one to two teaspoons of liquid honey, two tablespoons of mustard seeds and two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Let the salad stand in the refrigerator for a while, after which it can be put on the table.
This salad with Asian notes in the taste is very useful for people with impaired metabolism, as well as suffering from excess cholesterol in the body.
Ginger marinated with apple cider vinegar.
- To make it, three hundred grams of ginger rhizome must be peeled and cut into very thin straws. To facilitate the process, this can be done with a food processor.
- Next, boil the water and blanch the chopped ginger in it for five minutes, then drain it in a colander.
- While water will be draining from the ginger, it is necessary to cook the marinade from ¾ cup of apple cider vinegar, ½ cup of water, 1 tablespoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- As soon as this marinade begins to boil, put the ginger in a sterile glass jar, cover it with boiling marinade, close the jar with a lid, let it cool and then remove it in the refrigerator. After a couple of days, ginger can be served with meat or fish, especially pickled ginger goes with sushi and other Japanese dishes.
20 sculptures from which they catch their breath They are not subject to the laws of physics
How to copy the screen
Duck with cherry sauce
How to reduce tides