How to bake a chicken?
Watch the video
Whole baked chicken - one of those few dishes that simply can not fail. Even the most inexperienced housewife will cope with her cooking. Cooking a chicken in this way is a pleasure - almost no hassle, material costs are also few, and the result is not only a very tasty, but also a very beautiful dish that you are not ashamed to put on the table even on a special holiday. And we are still talking only about the chicken cooked in the simplest way - just greased and sprinkled with pepper and salt. And if you marinate it properly and stuff it with rice, raisins and nuts, the royal dish will turn out, and only that!
How to bake chicken: options
Chicken in kind
Chicken can be baked in its natural form. To do this, the chicken carcass should only be sprinkled with salt and spices and smeared with oil or kept in the marinade for some time and then baked in one way or another.
Chicken with garnish
Chicken can be baked with a side dish. As a garnish, coarsely chopped (or whole) potatoes, onions, carrots, eggplants, or other vegetables are most often used.Thus, chicken is usually baked in the sleeve or in a deep oven.
Before baking the chicken can be stuffed. Stuffing is a rather complicated and time-consuming process, but the result is worth the effort. Stuffed chicken - decoration of any holiday table. The most common options for minced chicken: rice with raisins (prunes, dried apricots) and nuts; fried mushrooms with mashed potatoes and grated cheese; fried chicken liver with buckwheat porridge. Stuffing is laid inside the chicken carcass, sewed a hole in the abdomen with harsh threads and then baked the chicken in the oven.
Ways of roasting
On the pan in the oven
The easiest way to bake a chicken is to bake it in the oven on a baking sheet. Instead of a pan, you can use a large frying pan or any other shallow refractory form. To bake in this way, a prepared chicken carcass is placed back down in a greased with vegetable oil and put in the form in an oven preheated to 180 degrees. An average-sized chicken (weighing about 1.5 kg) is baked for about an hour and a half, occasionally sprinkling it with fat gathered from the bottom of the mold.
In the oven in the sleeve for baking
It is very easy to bake the chicken in the sleeve - during the cooking process you do not even need to make sure that it does not burn. The chicken in the sleeve turns out very juicy, its meat is so soft that it tastes something like a stew.
Prepared chicken lay in the culinary sleeve, its ends tightly tied with special ribbons (or clamped with clips), put the chicken in the sleeve on a baking sheet back down and put the baking tray in the preheated 200 * C oven.If there is no finished perforation in the sleeve, several holes are punctured in the upper part of the needle with a needle. Chicken in the sleeve is cooked faster than just in the oven: a medium-sized chicken is usually fully prepared within an hour after baking begins. If the chicken needs crispy crust, a quarter of an hour before the end of roasting, the bag is cut, and the chicken skin during this time dries out and roasted. In more detail about roasting chicken in this way was previously described in our article How to cook chicken in a sleeve ?.
In the oven in foil
This method of cooking chicken is very similar to the previous one, only chickenBefore baking, the carcass is not loaded into the sleeve, but wrapped tightly in aluminum foil. To avoid rupture of the package, the foil is folded in two or three layers, prepared crista is placed on the shiny side of the sheet, the foil is folded in an envelope and all seams are carefully pressed out so that the juice does not leak out and the steam does not come out. Then this package seams up placed on a dry baking sheet and send it to the oven. Bake the chicken at a temperature of 180-200 * C for at least 1 hour and 20 minutes. Recipes for cooking chicken in foil, you can find in our article How to cook chicken in foil.
In the multicooker
If you want to experiment with a new slow cooker, you can try to bakethe chicken is in it. To do this, it is necessary to lubricate the bowl of the multicooker with refined vegetable oil, put the prepared small chicken carcass (weighing about one kg) backwards into it and turn on the slow cooker for one hour in the "Baking" mode. When the bell rings, you need to open the lid, turn the chicken breast down, close the lid and turn on the slow cooker in the same mode for another twenty minutes.
In the oven on a salt cushion
Baked in such a very unusual way, the chicken comes out very soft and juicy inside, but at the same time the golden crust on it turns out to be so crisp, dry and crispy like no other chicken cooked in a different way. Unlike all the other cooking methods mentioned above, this excellent recipe for roasting chicken is still little known, so we will tell about it in more detail.
- A young well-fed meaty chicken carcass with intact skin weighing 1.5 kg - 1 piece;
- Coarse salt kitchen - 1-2 kg;
- Refined vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- Provencal herbs and ground black pepper - if desired.
- Carefully inspect the chicken carcass, remove the remaining feather bases with tweezers and, if necessary, tar the carcass over the gas stove.
- Wash the chicken well inside and out and wait for all the water to drain from the carcass.
- Dry the chicken carcass thoroughly with paper towels - the quality of the fried crust will depend on how well you dry it.
- Brush dry chicken carcass smeared with vegetable oil. Do not salt the chicken!
- If desired, rub chicken with Provencal herbs and pepper. If you want to cook a diet baked chicken with a natural flavor, skip this item.
- Wrap the tips of the wings with foil so that they do not get burnt, tie the legs with a natural rope - then they will not be spread out during frying.
- Put a thick layer of salt on a baking sheet (its thickness should be at least 1.5 - 2 cm).
- Turn on the oven and heat it to 180 degrees.
- Put the chicken back down on the salt pad.
- Put the pan with the chicken in the oven and bake it there for at least one hour. After that, check the chicken readiness - pierce a thick part of the chicken thigh with a wooden toothpick. If it enters the meat very easily, and a drop of crystal clear juice is emitted from the puncture site, it means that the chicken is completely ready. If not, then hold the chicken in the oven for another 10-15 minutes and check the readiness again.
Important nuances: the chicken does not need to be turned; after the end of cooking, it should be immediately removed from the salt substrate, but this should be done very carefully, since a lot of boiling juice accumulates inside the chicken carcass.
What are the colors of swimsuits in fashion in the summer of 2012?
How to bake salmon
How to care for decorative basil
How to pronounce English words
How to take a loan to young
Beautiful one-piece swimsuit crocheted
What can be made of pallets to give: 100 useful ideas