Beef tartare - gourmet dish with your own hands
Do you want to try a dish that does not leave indifferent any true gourmet? Then we suggest that you create in your kitchen a delicious French masterpiece called beef tartare. Believe me, you haven't tried anything like this before. And if you like the exquisite delicate taste of this dish, then it will become a frequent guest at your table.
In cooking, there are several different dishes, called "tartar". And this is due to the method of cutting products used most often raw. Tartar can be prepared not only from beef, but from salmon, tuna, various vegetables or fruits. The well-known yolk sauce with finely chopped green onions and pickled cucumbers also has the same name.
The idea belongs not to the French
With this unusual dish, which was previously referred to as the Tatar steak, is an entertaining story.The Europeans learned about him thanks to the French officer Guillaume de Boplan, who in the middle of the XVII century served as a mercenary in Ukraine. He spied the Tatars, who were on the side of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, one interesting feature. They cut out pieces of horsetail sirloin (1-2 cm thick), salted them heavily on one side so that blood was released, and placed them under the saddles of their horses.
After a few hours of driving, the meat was taken out, the bloody foam appeared, and the same manipulations were repeated with the other side of the piece. After that, the Tatar steak was ready for use.
Nowadays, the dish has become international, they are now making it from minced meat, most often from beef.
Now we need to figure out where this awesome name comes from. It happened with the light hand of the French king Louis IX, who called the Tatar-Mongols Tartars - demons who came from hell. Despite the fact that historians claim that such a comparison has been used in everyday life for several years, the authorship of this association is attributed to the king.
Choose a quality piece
Before you start cooking tartare, you should buy a good piece of meat.Since in this dish beef does not undergo heat treatment, it must be of the best quality. We will tell you how to choose the right meat.
It is better to buy a piece in the checked trading places. For our delicacy, only a tenderloin or at least a thin edge is suitable. Good fresh meat can be determined by the following criteria:
- consistency is dense;
- the surface is smooth and even;
- the color on the cut is dark red;
- a pleasant smell (should not give sour or rotten);
- when pressed with a finger, the fossae immediately disappears;
- clear juice is clear;
- on a cut not sticky;
- fat is white or beige (not gray).
Remember that eating meat will have to be raw, so you should be very responsible when it comes to choosing.
Start creating an unusual dish.
Now it's time to start cooking beef tartare. We will step by step tell how to cook it at home. Cooking this dish will not be difficult.
For 2 servings we will need the following products:
- beef (tenderloin or thin edge) - 250 g;
- canned capers - 1 tbsp. l .;
- pickled cucumbers (small) - 2 pcs .;
- red onions (medium) - 1/2 pcs .;
- olive or sunflower oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- mustard beans - 1 tsp .;
- quail eggs - 4 pcs .;
- Worcestershire sauce - 1/2 tsp;
- parsley - 2 sprigs;
- rye bread - 1/2 loaf;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- ground pepper mixture - to taste;
- salt - to taste.
Now do the following.
- We wash parsley, dry well and chop with a knife.
- Finely chop the onions, capers and cucumbers.
- We get out of the refrigerator chilled meat, thoroughly washed in running water, remove veins, films. Once again, wash and dry. Cut into small cubes (about 5 mm). For this tartare, beef is ground only with a knife, and not with a meat grinder.
- Add sliced vegetables, greens, oil, sauce, mustard, salt and pepper to the meat. Pour in 2 quail eggs. All mix well. We taste, if necessary, then add salt and pepper.
- We spread tartare from beef through a garnish ring on a plate or simply superimpose a slide. In the center we make a small depression and gently pour one yolk into it.
- As a garnish suitable rye toast, fried in oil and rubbed with garlic.
There is another version of this recipe.When cooking in beef, vegetables and sauce are not added, they are served separately. Tartar with yolk is laid out in the center of the dish, and cucumbers, capers, onions, croutons and sauce are placed next to each other in a separate bowl.
We suggest that you try 2 variants of this original dish and decide which one you like best.
If you like this French delicacy, then you can try home-made tartare of any vegetables, lightly salted salmon or herring. We hope the taste of new dishes will not disappoint you.
Baby Mobile Bed
The construction of the house in which I bought the apartment is frozen
How to congratulate your favorite guy happy birthday
SHELVES AND CABINETS IN THE HOUSE
How to get rubies